Thursday, August 30, 2012

Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

Picnic at the Westport Library while Furniture Shopping

Have I mentioned that I'm enjoying my semi-freedom with everyone in school?  Today I decided to drive down south to Westport to see in person some chairs I've been looking at online.  While we were there, we parked by the library which has a bunch of lovely grass and benches next to the water and we decided to have a picnic.  It was so nice to be able to do that spur of the moment without having to rush off somewhere else or be home in time to meet another child.  

While we were there a little old lady saw me taking pictures of #4 with my phone and asked if I would like her to take one of us together.  I showed her the button on the screen to push and she happily and unknowingly pushed it 16 times while walking into position and waiting for me to pick up Brandon.  She was delighted when she looked down at the screen and saw she had a picture with both of us in it.  "I did it," she exclaimed as she handed me my phone and continued into the library.  I love people.

Incidentally, I've been shopping for new dining room furniture - which is why I was in Westport and which has been stressing me out for MONTHS.  It's much too big of a commitment for me.  I typically buy things with the thought that I can change if I get bored later.  It's not so easy with furniture.  

I finally gave up and called my good friend, Cary, at http://chenrydesign.com/ and I definitely think next time you have some tricky design decisions to make, you should get in touch with her.  She's understanding, soothing, articulate, hardworking, responsive and I haven't even mentioned her artistic talent yet which would require too many superlatives to sound believable.  Check out her site, her work speaks for itself, and her personality makes the experience feel like a well deserved indulgence.  You won't regret it.  




I am so proud of #2 who finally braved baseball for the first time this year.

I didn't get a chance to get a decent shot of him by himself because we were running out the door, but there he is in blue with the blue bag on his back.  I know he was nervous, but he had a great time and has some great coaches.  I was so pleased to see him running, laughing, and covered with grass stains.  I think this will be really a good thing for him even though sports have never been his first love.  Learning to do things that intimidate you is a good life skill no matter if the sport becomes a long term part of your life or not.  

1 comment:

  1. That's so true about big ticket items: It's a huge commitment. I hope you've found something that will work!

    And I love what you said about learning to do hard things. We can never escape that so we may as well learn to face them. You're such a good mom. ;-0

    ReplyDelete